The Society for Agriculture and Arid Ecology Research (SAAER) was established in 2015 with a prime objective to promote advances in agriculture and ecological perspectives in different eco-systems in the services of students, scientists and teachers world over, associated with various fields of basic and applied agriculture sciences. Main services of the society will adhere to the following components:
- To advance the cause of agriculture in all its bearing on life.
- To disseminate the knowledge of agriculture.
- To serve and promote the scientific cause and to advance academic interest in the field of ecological research.
- To promote contact and cooperation among R&D personnel working in different institutions and areas (including growers and industry).
- To cultivate and promote research, education and development of agriculture and allied branches of science.
- To recognize and support excellence achieved in scientific research and development in the field of agriculture ,ecology and allied sciences by individual scientists, interdisciplinary teams, recognized institutions, learned societies and industry.
- To provide a forum for organizing symposia, seminars, conferences, discussions etc. with a view to develop close relationship among the scientists engaged and interested in agriculture, ecology and allied activities and publishing their proceedings.
- To regularly bring out the “Journal of Agriculture and Ecology” (JAE), magazine “Krishi Kiran" or any other publication as decided by the Society.
- To secure and manage funds and endowments for the promotion of agriculture and ecology in all its aspects.
- To undertake other activities relevant to accomplish the above objectives.