The Society for Agriculture and Arid Ecology Research (SAAER) was established in 2015 with a prime objective to promote advances in agriculture and ecological perspectives in different eco-systems in the services of students, scientists and teachers world over, associated with various fields of basic and applied agriculture sciences. Main services of the society will adhere to the following components:
- To advance the cause of agriculture in all its bearing on life.
- To disseminate the knowledge of agriculture.
- To serve and promote the scientific cause and to advance academic interest in the field of ecological research.
- To promote contact and cooperation among R&D personnel working in different institutions and areas (including growers and industry).
- To cultivate and promote research, education and development of agriculture and allied branches of science.
- To recognize and support excellence achieved in scientific research and development in the field of agriculture ,ecology and allied sciences by individual scientists, interdisciplinary teams, recognized institutions, learned societies and industry.
- To provide a forum for organizing symposia, seminars, conferences, discussions etc. with a view to develop close relationship among the scientists engaged and interested in agriculture, ecology and allied activities and publishing their proceedings.
- To regularly bring out the “Journal of Agriculture and Ecology” (JAE), magazine “Krishi Kiran" or any other publication as decided by the Society.
- To secure and manage funds and endowments for the promotion of agriculture and ecology in all its aspects.
- To undertake other activities relevant to accomplish the above objectives.
SAAER is currently running scientific research and publishing online journal ‘Journal of Agriculture and Ecology (JAE) and magazine ‘Krishi Kiran’. The ‘Journal of Agriculture and Ecology and ‘Krishi Kiran’ is an online platform for the advancement and rapid dissemination of scientific knowledge generated by the highly motivated researchers in the field of agriculture, ecology and allied fields. This is a referred journal and publishes original research as peer reviewed full papers/ critical up-to-date review articles/short communications in English twice a year. The integration of modern and traditional agriculture and its impact on ecological aspects should be the main focus with its interests spanning over a wide spectrum of beneficiaries including researchers, educational and research institutions, industries, entrepreneurs, farmers, policy makers, NGO’s and all others directly or indirectly linked to it.
The impact factor has been used for assessing the quality of journal. Electronic editions of scientific journal and the rapid spread of scientific information modify the pattern of bibliographic citations, and thus affect the impact factor. Even a decade ago, it was proved that the presence of an electronic version of the journal circulated via internet is associated with the impact factor score. Therefore we stride forward to circulate our journals far and wide, globally, so that their citation could be increased and the authors could get benefited from their impact factor score whenever calculated.
Articles will be accepted on the following broad disciplines: Agronomy, Entomology, Arid Ecology, Agriculture Engineering, Agro Chemicals, Agric Extension, Cytology, Cell Biology, Environmental Sciences, Genetics, Horticultural Sciences, Microbiology, Weed Control, Meteorology, Molecular Biology, Plant Pathology, Plant Breeding, Physiology and Biochemistry, Soil Sciences etc.